"Making My Blues Green" - 2018 Campsite Challenge
A fun, original and green challenge to promote the sustainable use of the outdoors
Telluride Blues & Brews Festival teamed up with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, an educational non-profit organization to encourage all of you to green the scene by entering the “Making My Blues Green – Coolest & Cleanest Campsite Challenge". Just take a few minutes to swing by the Leave No Trace booth to register and let them know you are being clean and sustainable here at the festival and you are instantly entered to win free swag including tickets for next year’s festival!
How Do We Participate?
The contest is open to all campers attending the Blues & Brews festival. To nominate your own campsite or one of your neighbors:
1. Name your campsite and register it at the Leave No Trace booth located on the North end of the festival grounds
2. Stop by the Leave No Trace booth each day to view all entries and daily winners.
3. Post your campsite name for judging in the campground and popular vote!
4. Winners will be announced daily with the Grand Prize winner being selected after the campground is loaded out on Monday.
How Do We Win?
Our Green Team will rate your campsite on four criteria:
1. Cleanliness: Green is clean. Show us how creative you can be in keeping your site clean.
2. Sustainability: Show us how you Reuse, Reduce & Recycle your campsite. Some ideas: Reuse cups, utensils and water bottles; Alternative green energy sources to power your campsite; carpool and bike; share your resources with your neighbors.
3. Theme: Come up with a creative and environmentally friendly theme. Make your campsite FUN! Remember, BE ORIGINAL, BE GREEN and have fun!!
4. Popular Vote: Get your friends to come by the Leave no Trace booth and vote for your campsite. They can win prizes too! Don’t forget to post the name of your campsite in the campground visually.
What Do We Win?
One grand prize winner will be selected from the daily finalists after the campground load-out on Monday, September 18th. The grand prize winner will receive a pair of Festival and camping passes for the 2018 Festival.
Grand Prize – Two 3-Day festival passes plus camping to the 2019 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival. The Grand Prize is awarded to whoever excelled in all three criteria and popular vote!
Daily Prizes – Campground passes for the 2019 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival, packs, t-shirts, water bottles and more! Stop by the Leave No Trace Booth to win even more swag. Daily Winners will be announced from the stage each day.