Grand Tasting Overview
The Telluride Blues & Brews Festival Grand Tasting presented by the Telluride Blues Society features 56 craft breweries and takes place Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 12 pm – 3 pm on the festival grounds. The 25-year-old Grand Tasting is widely regarded as the Southwest's premiere craft beer event and is the perfect opportunity for breweries to sample and show off their best microbrews to 9,500 festival attendees from all over the world!
What's In It For My Brewery
The Telluride Blues & Brews Festival is not just another beer festival. Participating breweries will receive the following:
- An opportunity to showcase multiple styles of beer and to interact with 9,500 festival attendees during the Grand Tasting from 12-3pm on Saturday of the festival. Our attendees come from a wide demographic, including craft beer enthusiasts to casual drinkers.
- Marketing Exposure - Including PR campaigns to craft beer and regional broad market media along with original content broadcasted to our social audience of 75,000+ email subscribers, 77,000+ Facebook followers, 9,000+ Twitter followers, 6,700+ Instagram followers. Campaign and campaign opportunities include; brewery lineup announcement, hyperlinked logo on brewery page of website, profile in Taste Tease Series (see below), inclusion in festival pour list announcement, inclusion on brewer lineup poster, listing in program guide and more.
- New! Brewery Profile Webpage - Each brewery will be featured on their own dedicated brewery webpage on the Telluride Blues & Brews website! Brewery pages include a brewery description and hyperlinks to breweries' website and social pages.
- Two 3-Day Festival Passes with Brewer Credentials allowing priority access to the festival during the Grand Tasting.
- Complimentary Lodging or Camping - Lodging for two will be reserved at a local hotel/condo for Friday and Saturday night of the festival - location TBD. If you would rather camp in the festival campground (located next to the festival grounds), the festival can provide you with two 4-Day Camping passes. Camping passes are valid Thursday through Sunday of the festival and are per person, not per campsite. Please note that this is tent camping only, we do not provide a space for your car in the campground. We will direct you to our free off-site parking provided for campers. Camping at the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival is a very social experience and can be a great way for your brewery representative to interact with attendees!
- Best Of Fest Award - The coveted Best of Fest Award is given to one brewery following the Grand Tasting. Festival attendees vote on which brewery they enjoyed the most and whichever brewery receives the most votes goes home with the trophy and bragging rights.
- Keg and equipment cold storage Friday night, with delivery to festival grounds Saturday morning.
- 10ft table space under one of seven large brewery tents. Table is provided. Brewery must bring own tapping equipment and serving pitchers (including CO2 tanks).
- Complimentary 40lbs of Ice - Additional ice can be purchased on the festival grounds (cash only). $6 per 20lbs bag.
- Ability to apply to participate in the additional, concurrent VIP Tasting (see below for details).
- Ability to apply to be a House of Brews partner.
Registrations are entered using our secure application located at the bottom of this page. Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the festival. Brewery selections are made based the criteria below followed by an online lottery system for the remaining slots. We will accept entries for a two-week period in February 1, 2018 at 9:00 am (MST). Applications close on Thursday, February 15 at midnight. Soon after the selection process we begin randomly selecting breweries using a computer-assigned random generator. Due to Telluride Town Park and lodging/camping capacity limitations we can only accept 56 breweries. Please read the requirements to participate and selection criteria below. Notifications of acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent by February 20, 2018.
In order to participate in the Grand Tasting, each brewery must meet the following requirements:
- Provide Three 1⁄2 barrel kegs of beer from your brewery for the Grand Tasting. Charitable benefactor: The Telluride Blues Society - a Colorado non-profit organization.
- Your own tapping equipment and serving pitchers (including Co2 tanks).
- $200 nonrefundable registration fee - Includes lodging for Friday and Saturday or "two 4-Camping Passes", two 3-Day Festival Passes, Cold Storage on Friday night and more benefits listed above.
- Brewery banners and merchandise to display/sell during the Grand Tasting
- A dolly or manpower to transport your kegs and equipment to the Grand Tasting tents and off of festival grounds following the tasting
- Current liquor license valid through September 16, 2018
- Zero-Cost Invoice billed to Telluride Blues Society listing each beer style
See above for participating brewery benefits.
The Telluride Blues & Brews Festival strives to make the Grand Tasting the best it can be for all breweries, staff and most importantly festival attendees! Just as a brewery puts in great effort to attend the festival, we put in a year-round effort to create a top-notch festival experience. The Grand Tasting goes better for all when brewery partners fully participate and cooperate with our program. Our selection criteria will help ensure the best experience for all!
- Past Performance - Breweries who are friendly, communicative, meet deadlines, are organized and help us promote the Grand Tasting and festival will be given priority to return to the festival.
Due to high demand and limited capacity we cannot accept all breweries that apply to participate in the Grand Tasting. Here are a few ways to stand out! Please include answers to the following in the “notes” section of the application.
- Uniqueness - What makes your brewery unique? What do you specialize in?
- Promotion - Do you have an outstanding regional following? Do you have any press or review to prove it?
- Eagerness to Participate - As mentioned above, the Grand Tasting goes better for all when brewery partners fully participate and cooperate with our program. Let us know that you’re organized, can meet deadlines and help us promote the festival!
- Craft - For 25 years, we have been an independently owned festival. We prioritize participation with breweries that are on the more independent side of the craft beer spectrum.
VIP Grand Tasting
In addition to the Grand Tasting, we provide our VIP pass-holders with a VIP Grand Tasting that takes place in the VIP area. We select 20 breweries to be featured in both the VIP area and the Grand Tasting. If you are selected and choose to participate you will need to provide an additional 1⁄2 barrel for the VIP tasting (four 1⁄2 barrels total). If selected, we would like you to have two knowledgeable representatives from the brewery at your main Grand Tasting table and one at the VIP Grand Tasting table. We will provide you with an additional VIP 3-Day pass if you choose to bring a third representative to the festival.
"House of Brews" Partnership
We offer five breweries the opportunity to sponsor our “House of Brews”, a second beer booth located on the festival grounds. As one of these sponsors, your beer will be poured all three days (minimum of 4 hours per day) in the “House of Brews”. This is a great way to increase your exposure to over 27,000 people who attend the three-day festival. The cost of this sponsorship is $1,500.00. Telluride Blues Society will purchase all kegs used, 15 max per brewery, at wholesale prices. Telluride Blues Society reserves the right to return any unused kegs to distributor or brewery for full refund. Please indicate your interest in this sponsorship on the registration form and we will get in contact with you. Please note we will be offering this partnership to last year’s sponsors as a first right of refusal.
Beer Feature in Our "Taste Teaser" Content Series
During the six months leading up to the festival, we will be highlighting six beers a month in a “Taste Teaser” series on our blog. This gives breweries the opportunity to gain recognition in front of our followers in advance of the festival dates (74k+ Facebook
followers, 8.5k Twitter
followers, 5.8k Instagram
followers and 75k+ email subscribers).
In order to participate, breweries must send canned or bottled beer samples, beer description and a short bio (ABV, IBU, etc) to be featured. We will review up to 36 beers (limit - one beer style per brewery), first come, first highlighted. If you’re interested in participating in this series, please send an email with the beer name, description and brewery bio to email@example.com
. Read last year's Taste Teases here.
If you have further questions, please give us a call at 970-728-8037 (ext 103) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!