Festival Camping Information
Festival camping is located in the Telluride Town Park Campground, adjacent to the festival grounds.
Campsites are first-come, first-serve. You cannot reserve a specific site. Please note that festival camping is more of a social experience than a wilderness experience. Expect camping to be clustered close together. A campground host is on duty to help you find an available campsite and to answer any camping questions. Please respect your neighbor.
Camping passes are sold per person and per vehicle - not per site.
You must purchase a vehicle or RV pass to park your vehicle in the campground. If you do not purchase a vehicle or RV pass you will be allowed to drive in for one half-hour and drop off your camping gear in the campground. You will then be directed to park your vehicle or RV in a designated parking lot off-site.
Camping passes are valid for four nights, Thursday thru Sunday of the festival. The campground opens to campground pass holders at 8AM on Thursday. Campground pass holders must load out by 11:00AM on Monday. You may camp in the campground before Thursday, but will need pay the town's campground fee - in most cases you will not have to move your campsite on Thursday.
The campground is open 24 hours a day. You may arrive and set up camp 24 hours a day.
Single day camping passes are not available. You may camp one day - however, the cost is still the price of four days. Sorry!
Children 11 and under are free. Children must be accompanied by adult supervision.
Only Festival Passholders may purchase Camping Passes. In other words, you cannot camp in the campground unless you are attending the festival. You must have both a camping pass and festival pass to enter the campground during the festival.
Restroom and shower facilities are available in the campground (flushing toilets and all). Cold showers are free - there is a charge for hot showers, so bring lots of quarters.
Campfires are NOT allowed in the campground. You may use the charcoal grills in place at the campsites (for grilling purposes only). Propane grills are allowed.
No pets are allowed in the campground.
QUIET HOURS: 2AM - 7AM. During this time, we ask that all campers respect others and refrain from playing music, loud talking, loud partying, setting off fireworks, etc.
Part of the festival campground includes Warner Field (a baseball field within Town Park). If you are camping in Warner Field, additional rules apply:
- Charcoal grills are not allowed.
- Metal pans must be used under propane stoves and grills to protect grass.
- Tent stakes longer than 6" are prohibited to protect irrigation systems.
- No vehicles are allowed on the field.
- No glass allowed.
- No weapons or fireworks.
- If you do not purchase a vehicle or RV pass you will be allowed to drive in for one half-hour and drop off your camping gear in the campground. You will then be directed to park your vehicle or RV in a designated parking lot off-site.
Main Campground Vehicle/RV Pass Guidelines
- You must purchase a vehicle or RV pass to park your vehicle in the campground.
- Campground Vehicle and Campground RV passes are very limited and typically sell out the first day tickets go on sale. If there are two of you and you want to have your vehicle in the campground with you, you must purchase two camping passes and one vehicle pass in addition to your festival passes. (this only applies to Vehicle passholders)
- Main Campground RV passes and LOT A RV passes include two camping passes. Additional camping passes may be purchased online.
- Vehicles 18 feet and over are considered to be an RV - please note that a RV may not be longer than 30 feet. A vehicle is considered anything requiring a license plate (cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, pull-behind campers, etc.)
- Please note that there are no RV hook-ups provided in the campground. The RVs must be self-contained. There is a dump station located at the west end of town in the Coonskin RV Lot. There is no place in Telluride to fill your RV with water. Restrooms and showers are available in the campground.
- Any vehicle or RV in the campground must remain parked during your entire stay. If you leave with your vehicle or RV you will not be allowed to re-enter the campground.
Lot A RV Guidelines (Located at the entrance of Town Park):
- RV's MUST be 20ft or less in length.
- RV's MUST be self-contained. Please note that there are no RV hook-ups provided in Lot A. There is a dump station located at the west end of town in the Coonskin RV Lot. There is no place in Telluride to fill your RV with potable water. Restrooms and showers are available in the campground.
- Any RV in Lot A must remain parked during your entire stay. If you leave with your RV you will NOT be allowed to re-enter Lot A.
- Lot A RV passes include two 4-day camping passes. Every person in your party MUST have a 4-day camping pass. Additional passes may be purchased online.
Added in 2013! The festival featured additional shows in the campground exclusively for campers only (camping wristband required for entrance). 2013 Festival artists included Low Volts, James Bay, and Kim Churchill playing on an rustic stage next to Lower Bear Creek Falls. Don't miss the chance to see these intimate campground performances in 2014!
Festival camping passes go on sale March 1st, 2014, and sell out quickly!
Coolest Campsite Challenge
Back by popular demand, the 7th Annual Blues & Brews Coolest Campsite Challenge! Anyone camping at the festival has the opportunity to win some amazing prizes just by having a creative campsite. NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED! Campsites will be judged on their creativity, originality, quality, and community attributes. Judges will roam the campground in search of the coolest campsite during the festival weekend and the winners will be announced Sunday morning on the Main Stage.
Coolest Campsite Challenge Rules
- The site must have a particular theme. (Please keep things PG Rated, families will be camping in the campgrounds too!) Remember, BE ORIGINAL and have fun!!!
- Please post your campsite name for judging purposes. (For example, if your theme is paradise, a name could be "Tropic Blues.")
- 1st Place Winner - Two 3-Day passes to the 2015 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival
- 2nd Place Winner - Two campground passes for the 2015 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival
- 3rd Place Winner - Two t-shirts from the 2015 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival
Buy Tickets here!