Grand Tasting Overview
The Grand Tasting with 56 microbreweries takes place at the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival on Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 12pm – 3pm on the festival grounds. The Grand Tasting is the perfect opportunity for breweries to sample and show off their best microbrews to over 9,000 festival attendees.
Registrations are entered using our secure application located at the bottom of this page. Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the festival. Brewery selections are made using an online lottery system. We will accept entries for a two-week period in February 1, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. (MST). Soon after the lottery closes, we begin randomly selecting breweries using a computer-assigned random generator. Notifications will be sent by February 17, 2017. If you have further questions, please give us a call at 970-728-8037 (ext 103) or email email@example.com
In order to participate in the Grand Tasting, each brewery must meet the following requirements:
- Three 1⁄2 barrels of beer from your brewery
- Your own tapping equipment and serving pitchers (including CO2 tanks)
- $150 nonrefundable registration fee - includes brewery space for Grand Tasting, lodging for (2) nights, (2) VIP Reception tickets
- Brewery banners and merchandise to display/sell during the Grand Tasting
- A dolly to transport your kegs and equipment to the Grand Tasting tents and off of festival grounds following the tasting
- Telluride Blues & Brews Festival poster display in your brewery, social media mentions (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram), website logo presence, blog and/or newsletter inclusion
- Current liquor license valid through September 17, 2017
- Zero-Cost Invoice billed to Telluride Blues Society
What we provide to participating breweries:
- FESTIVAL PASSES: The festival provides you with TWO 3-Day passes to the festival. Additional tickets may be purchased online here or by calling toll-free (866) 515-6166.
- COMPLIMENTARY LODGING OR CAMPING: Brewer lodging will be reserved at a local hotel/condo - location TBD. Please be aware in some cases you may be paired with another brewery. If
- ou would rather camp in the festival campground (located next to the festival grounds), the festival can provide you with TWO 4-Day Camping passes. Camping passes are valid Thursday through Sunday of the festival and are per person, not per campsite. Please note that this is tent camping only, we do not provide a space for your car in the campground. We will direct you to our free off site parking provided for campers.
- BEST OF FEST AWARD: The coveted Best of Fest Award is given to one brewery following the Grand Tasting. Festival attendees vote on which brewery they enjoyed the most and whoever receives the most votes goes home with the trophy and bragging rights.
- MARKETING SUPPORT: Social media mentions and website logo presence
- VIP RECEPTION: Complimentary food and cocktails on Friday, September 16 from 4-6pm in the VIP Area of the festival
- MERCHANDISE SALES OPPORTUNITIES
- ICE FOR KEGS
VIP Grand Tasting
In addition to the Grand Tasting, we provide our VIP pass-holders with a VIP Grand Tasting that takes place in the VIP area. We select 20 breweries to be featured in both the VIP area and the Grand Tasting. If you are selected and choose to participate you will need to provide an additional 1⁄2 barrel for the VIP tasting (four 1⁄2 barrels total). If selected, we would like you to have two knowledgeable representatives from the brewery at your main Grand Tasting table and one at the VIP Grand Tasting table. We will provide you with an additional VIP 3-Day pass if you choose to bring a third representative to the festival.
"House of Brews" Partnership
We offer five breweries the opportunity to sponsor our “House of Brews”, a second beer booth located on the festival grounds. As one of these sponsors, your beer will be poured all three days (minimum of 4 hours per day) in the “House of Brews”. This is a great way to increase your exposure to over 27,000 people who attend the three-day festival. The cost of this sponsorship is $1,500.00. Telluride Blues Society will purchase all kegs used, 15 max per brewery, at wholesale prices. Telluride Blues Society reserves the right to return any unused kegs to distributor or brewery for full refund. Please indicate your interest in this sponsorship on the registration form and we will get in contact with you. Please note we will be offering this partnership to last year’s sponsors as a first right of refusal.
New for 2017! Beer Feature in Our "Taste Teaser" Content Series
During the six months leading up to the festival, we will be highlighting six beers a month in a “Taste Teaser” series on our blog. This gives breweries the opportunity to gain recognition in front of our followers in advance of the festival dates (74k+ Facebook
followers, 8.5k Twitter
followers, 5.8k Instagram
followers and 75k+ email subscribers).
In order to participate, breweries must send canned or bottled beer samples, beer description and a short bio (ABV, IBU, etc) to be featured. We will review up to 36 beers (limit - one beer style per brewery), first come, first highlighted. If you’re interested in participating in this series, please send an email with the beer name, description and brewery bio to firstname.lastname@example.org