Applications Open March 2nd, 2015 at 10:00 AM (MT)
Your application does not guarantee acceptance into the festival. All applicants will be notifed of our selections by April 1, 2015. Thank you!
Grand Tasting Overview
The Grand Tasting with 56 microbreweries takes place at the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival on Saturday, September 19, 2015 from NOON – 3PM on the festival grounds. The Grand Tasting is the perfect opportunity for breweries to sample and show off their best microbrews to over 9,000 festival attendees.
In order to participate in the Grand Tasting, each brewery must meet the following requirements:
- Three 1⁄2 barrels of beer from your brewery
- Your own tapping equipment and serving pitchers (including CO2 tanks)
- $150 nonrefundable registration fee - includes brewery space for Grand Tasting, lodging for (2) nights, (2) VIP Reception tickets
- Brewery banners and merchandise to display/sell during the Grand Tasting
- A dolly to transport your kegs and equipment to the Grand Tasting tents and off of festival grounds following the tasting
- Telluride Blues & Brews Festival poster display in your brewery, social media mentions (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram), website logo presence, blog and/or newsletter inclusion
- Current liquor license valid through September 20, 2015
- Zero-Cost Invoice
What we provide to participating breweries
- FESTIVAL PASSES: The festival provides you with TWO 3-Day passes to the festival. Additional tickets may be purchased online at www.tellurideblues.com or by calling toll-free (866) 515-6166.
- COMPLIMENTARY LODGING OR CAMPING: Brewer lodging will be reserved at a local hotel/condo - location TBD. Lodging will be provided for all brewers who sign up by May 1, 2015 and request lodging. Please be aware in some cases you may be paired with another brewery. If you would rather camp in the festival campground (located next to the festival grounds), the festival can provide you with TWO 4-Day Camping passes. Camping passes are valid Thursday thru Sunday of the festival and are per person, not per campsite. Please note that this is tent camping only, we do not provide a space for your car in the campground. We will direct you to our free off site parking provided for campers.
- BEST OF FEST AWARD: The coveted Best of Fest Award is given to one brewery following the Grand Tasting. Festival attendees vote on which brewery they enjoyed the most and whoever receives the most votes goes home with the trophy and bragging rights.
- VIP RECEPTION: Complimentary food and cocktails on Friday, September 18 from 4-6pm in the VIP Area of the festival
- MERCHANDISE SALES OPPORTUNITIES
- ICE FOR KEGS
VIP Grand Tasting
(concurrent with Grand Tasting – NOON - 3PM Saturday)
In addition to the Grand Tasting, we provide our VIP pass-holders with a VIP Grand Tasting that takes place in the VIP area. We select 20 breweries to be featured in both the VIP area and the Grand Tasting. If you are selected and choose to participate you will need to provide an additional 1⁄2 barrel for the VIP tasting (four 1⁄2 barrels total). If selected, we would like you to have two knowledgeable representatives from the brewery at your main Grand Tasting table and one at the VIP Grand Tasting table. We will provide you with an additional 3-Day pass if you choose to bring a third representative to the festival can either provide a volunteer to assist one of your representatives at the Grand Tasting table or we can offer . VIP Grand Tasting Brewers will be notified by April 1, 2015.
"House of Brews" Sponsorship
We offer five breweries the opportunity to sponsor our “House of Brews”, a second beer booth located on the festival grounds. As one of these sponsors, your beer will be poured all three days (minimum of 4 hours per day) in the “House of Brews”. This is a great way to increase your exposure to over 27,000 people who attend the three-day festival. The cost of this sponsorship is $1,500.00. Telluride Blues Society will purchase all kegs used, 15 max per brewery, at wholesale prices. Telluride Blues Society reserves the right to return any unused kegs to distributor or brewery for full refund. Please indicate your interest in this sponsorship on the registration form and we will get in contact with you. (Please note we will be offering this sponsorship to last year’s sponsors first.) House of Brews sponsors will be notified by June 12, 2015.